The Last Supper by Artist: Robert Klonoski
After posting my article https://bridgetmarys.blogspot.com/2026/08/nausicaa-giulia-bianchis-ordination.html?m=1
On Facebook, I received this beautiful painting from Robert Klonoski. See his explanation of his portrayal of the Last Supper.
Dear Rev. Dr. Bridget Mary Meehan:
…I'm an artist, and so I think it is important to visually relate a story. The story of the Last Supper, which Leonardo DaVinci painted as a Renaissance-era board meeting of the male followers of Christ, is a misrepresentation. We know that Mary, Christ's mother, Mary Magdeline, Mary Clopas, and Mary Salome were all in Jerusalem at the time of the Last Supper. Passover is a family celebration to which friends might also be in attendance. So, I repainted the Last Supper to include both.
Mary, the mother of Jesus, is on the left in the foreground and she is glancing at a person in the right foreground, possibly Joseph, at the moment she hears talk of betrayal and realizes that her son may die soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment