(feel free to adapt and share)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 837 1339 4568
|Unsplash- Jennifer Griffin|
Berakah, The Blessing by Jan Novotka -shortened
We come with thankful hearts for eyes to see the beauty of our earth, for ears to hear laughter and music, for the smell of fresh-baked bread, for the embrace of family and friends, for the sweet taste of fresh cranberries and pumpkin pie and for all the special gifts that we cherish, especially for one another and for all who gather in person or in spirit around our table on Thanksgiving Day.
We celebrate this holy meal in memory of Jesus who gathered with his friends
spoke the blessing, broke the bread and shared the cup with them saying:
Whenever you remember me like this,
I am among you.
So too, with Jesus, in our midst today, we share this festive meal on Thanksgiving Day with hearts filled with gratitude. ( from Bridget Mary Meehan)
- For Joe and Kamala, our newly elected U.S. leaders, and the team they will bring together to unite us in ‘creating a more perfect union’
- For those who exercise leadership roles in all faith traditions ….
- For those who are infected by COVID-19 and their care-givers as well as those who are researching a vaccine and cure
- For all those who are unemployed and underemployed, for migrants and refugees ….
- For those who work to promote justice by eradicating sexism, racism, and discrimination of every kind ….
- For an end to the “arms race” and peaceful ways to resolve conflicts among nations…
- And for what else should we pray (unmute to be heard, then please mute again)
America the Beautiful