Translate

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Inspirational, Inclusive Liturgy by Womenpriests in Kansas City

I just received this brillant testimony about a liturgy at which Elsie and Ree, two of our Roman Catholic Womenpriests, presided in Kansas City.
Bridget Mary
"On May 9, Rose Marie Hudson and Elsie McGrath came to Kansas City andconcelebrated a Mass at the Universal Universalist Church. It was so exciting, and I did extend an invitation to everyone I knew, including my study group. The Mass was just as I imagined it would be: open, sacred,inclusive, uplifting, and a visual affirmation of women's callings. As Iwas standing in line for Communion, someone tapped me on the shoulder, and Iturned to see one of the women in my study group. I didn't know she wasgoing to come to the Mass and my heart was overflowing that she also wasable to experience this special occasion...and, she brought her husband!Today, during our study group, she shared how beautiful it was for her. But the best endorsement came from her husband. She said that when they got in the car, her husband had tears in his eyes and said, "I finally got it."

1 comment:

xJane said...

that is beautiful