Translate

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Roman Catholic Womenpriests : NCR Online Article by Janice Sevre-Duszynska


http://ncronline.org/news/women/conscience-led-me-ordination-woman-priest

"Roy participated in my ordination Mass. He celebrated the Eucharist with me, the other women priests and the woman bishop who ordained me. He laid hands on me in blessing after I was ordained.

In his homily Roy said, "It is our conscience that compels us to be here today. How can we speak out against the injustice of our country's foreign policy in Latin America and Iraq if we are silent about the injustice of our church here at home?"

1 comment:

Peter said...

Just wanted to post my poem about woman priests

Priesthood
God has created us,
all in his image,
woman and man
in his image,
thus deigned
we may all be
ordained as priests.
Of course,
Catholic woman
must first have a
sex change operation.
Hmm, maybe God
in his wisdom,
when the time is ripe,
will handle it as He did
circumcision.
Peter E. Abresch
June 8, 2009

This is from a series of my spiritual poems called Burnt Offering that I put out on Mondays. All are welcome to email me at Peter@sidewalkbooks.com with subscribe Burnt Offerings. It's free. Hope you enjoyed this one.