THE vast majority of Irish Catholics want women and married priests...
"Fr Tony Flannery’s silencing by Vatican is condemned by 800-strong priest’s group" by Antoinette Kelly, Irish Central Staff Writer "In a remarkable development, the 800-strong Association of Irish Priests told the Vatican they were deeply disturbed over the recent decision by the Holy See to silence one its members for his liberal views.The Irish group said in a statement: 'At this critical juncture in our history, the ACP believes that this form of intervention - what Archbishop Diarmuid Martin recently called 'heresy-hunting' - is of no service to the Irish Catholic Church and may have the unintended effect of exacerbating a growing perception of a significant 'disconnect' between the Irish Church and Rome."
- Powerful Association of Irish Priests warns Vatican over “heresy hunting”
- Irish Priest who supported Prime Minister’s Vatican criticism related to Fine Gael party strategist
- Pope Benedict confirms he will not attend Eucharistic Congress in Dublin
- Pope Benedict reaffirms no women ordination and continued celibacy in Catholic Church
- Hoover FBI tactics used against Irish priests by Vatican, claims superior