Translate

Thursday, June 7, 2012

"Dear Pope: About Margaret" by Dr. Marie Fortune

"I am just writing to thank you for denouncing Sr. Margaret Farley's excellent book, "Just Love: A Framework for Christian Sexual Ethics." This is the best PR any author could possibly get and, as a result, the book has soared to the Best Seller list at Amazon overnight. I realize that God works in strange and mysterious ways, but this is too good.
It seems to come as some surprise to you and the Vatican that many Christian scholars, including Catholic ones, bring intellectual rigor and critical thought firmly grounded in scripture and tradition to some of the most urgent issues of our time. Sr. Farley is one of the most respected of these scholars.
More importantly to me, she was my professor and mentor in seminary. She was the reason I chose Yale Divinity School. She gave me a firm foundation in Christian ethics and taught me the skills of critical thinking in applying the tradition to pastoral ministry and activism. She more than anyone, pointed me in the direction of my vocation and I am forever grateful for that..."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course this sister's book is popular; it's little more than an erotic novella!