Translate

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Archbishop Chaput Visits Monsignor Lynn In Jail


Ralph Cipriano Jul.12, 2012
Last week, Archbishop Charles J. Chaput stopped by the Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility in Northeast Philadelphia, where Msgr. William J. Lynn is being held in protective custody.

The archbishop did not bring along his mitre or his crozier. He stayed for 90 minutes. But what the two men talked about is not known.

"Archbishop Chaput did visit with Monsignor Lynn," said Kenneth A. Gavin, a spokesman for the archdiocese. "Their conversation was private."

"It is my understanding that it was a positive visit and I think that's all I should say," said Thomas A. Bergstrom, the monsignor's defense lawyer.
Read more

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are we supposed to abandon those in prison?

"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me."

Veritwas said...

And you protected the sexual abusers of my children.

And you protected those protectors.

And then visited them in prison.

Veritwas said...

Let's get this straight: Archbishop Charles J. Chaput stopped by to visit the victim.

Veritwas said...

Once Monsignor Lynn has escaped to the Vatican, I'll offer to serve his sentence.

Veritwas said...

That won't be necessary. CDF has just issued its approval to trade inmate William Linn for inmate Paolo Gabriele.