Translate

Thursday, March 17, 2016

St. Patrick's Breastplate Prayer, Happy St. Patrick's Day!


The ancient Celts believed in "thin times" and "thin places" where our world and the spirit world would come close. The Christian Celts adopted this spiritual awareness to the Communion of the Saints. Saints Brigit and Patrick and all the saints, including our beloved family and friends who have passed over, are close to us and offer blessings and help. On this St. Patrick's Day, may we rejoice with our heavenly friends, including the patron saints of Ireland, Patrick and Brigit! Bridget Mary Meehan, ARCWP
(born in County Laois, Ireland)




(St. Patrick's Church, Dublin, Photos by Mary Theresa Streck, Celtic Pilgrimage)


Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ where I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me.
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me. 
I arise today
Through the mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through the belief in the threeness,
Through confession of the oneness,
Of the Creator of Creation. 
Breastplate of St. Patrick

Downpatrick, Ireland

St. Brigit's Holy Well, Kildare, Ireland

No comments: