It is only7days until the 11th Brigid of Faughart Festival begins.
We in Brigid of Faughart Festival Team are excited to welcome you to come and be a part of this important festival which has many interesting and educational events. Our first event on Saturday 27th January is our Pilgrimage Walk to Faughart Shrine where we will gather at Lisnawilly House, Mount Avenue, Dundalk at 9.30am and start at 10am.
To view or print our Festival Programme please click on http://www.brigidoffaughart .ie/print-programme/.
This unique modern festival celebrates four different, yet interrelated themes exploring Brigid and her legacy as an environmentalist, healer, poet and spiritual teacher.
Festival Events include:
- Pilgrimage fromMount AvenueDundalk to Faughart4kms27th January.
- Exploring the Sacred Sites of Faughart Saturday27th January.
- Dr Sharon Blackie author of “If Women Rose Rooted “ lecture and forum exploring the need to reconnect with our native feminine wisdom.
- Various workshops including Creative Writing, Movement Medicine, Sound Healing, Circle Dance, Gardening, Healthy Food and Be the Change
- Celebration of Brigid in Song and Prayer with Carmel Boyle, Ann Mc Donald, Dolores Whelan, Fr. Tom Hamill on Lá Fheile Bhride, 1st February, The Oratory, Faughart.
- Day of Healing, 1st February, 1-8pm, Healing sessions in various modalities available.
- Brigid Cross Making with primary school children and adults.
- The Archaeology of Faughart.
- ‘The Wooing of the Soul’, a one woman play.
- Kate Fitzpatrick, author of “Macha’s Twins”, “Brigid, Culture and Transformation”
- Stories & Conversations for a Healthy and Resilient Culture facilitated by Davie Phillips.
- An Evening Weaving Poetry, Music and Song in An Tain Arts Centre.
- Closing Ritual, Ravensdale Community Centre, 4th February
- Art Exhibition. By Una Curley Oriel Centre Dundalk
Monday, January 22, 2018
The 11st Brigid of Faughart Festival, 27th January- 4th February 2018, I wish I could be in Ireland for this Celebration of Brigid
When I am in the Drogheda area, I visit Brigid of Faughart's Site! I feel the embrace of Brigid's spirit of joy and healing there. It is a mystical place! This summer I plan to visit with some friends from the U.S. Bridget Mary Meehan ARCWP, www.arcwp.org
Posted by Bridget Mary Meehan at 8:36 PM