Translate

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Be Part of the World's Healing Everyday by Bridget Mary Meehan ARCWP

   I  see the face of Christ everyday at McDonalds. Most days I go there to enjoy ice coffee and a protein bar. I never know who is going to show up on any given day.  Today, I picked up Carol, seated below and brought her with me where we met Judy, Steve and Randall.
Judy, (left) standing next to Steve, runs a clothing outreach at a local  Baptist Church.  Steve is having problems getting used to his new teeth. Carol, who has difficulty walking, is seated at the table.


Randall likes to read the newspaper and solve puzzles. He is presently unhoused and comes into McDonalds for a sandwich and coffee. 


I enjoy my conversations with Paul who shelters a homeless man, in his home.  Paula and Dotty who are regulars were not able to come today. Paula was taking care of her daughter who is seriously ill.  In this photo Paul is conversing with Carol. 
A Reflection:
Look around and see the light that endures in every person especially in those who are struggling with different kinds of special needs.  

Offer tender care and comfort. 
Do small acts of kindness.
Speak words of encouragement.
"I am with you."
"Don't be afraid."
"You are not alone. "

Be part of the world's healing every day!
Bridget Mary Meehan ARCWP




No comments: