Translate

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

MMOJ Easter Songs

Gathering Song:  Arise by Three Altos


Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.
Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.
For lo, the winter is past and the rains are over and gone.

Arise, my love, my fair one.
The flowers appear on the earth and the time of singing has come.
Arise, my love, my fair one.
The voice of the turtle dove is heard in our land.

Arise, my love, my fair one.
Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.


Gloria Sung:  Glory to God (Agape) by Marty Haugen



Refrain:
Glory to God, in the highest (3x)
And peace to God’s people on earth.

We sing praises to you,
God of life, God of wonder,
Hearts filled with joy,
let our voices be thunder.
Refrain

Sing to Jesus the Christ,
Word of life to the nations,
Raised up in glory
As our hope and salvation.
Refrain

In the Spirit we come
For the feast and the stories,
Speaking of God
In the pain and the glory.
Refrain (2x)


Gospel Acclamation: (sung) Alleluia: Jan Phillips



Acclamation following the Gospel: (sung) Alleluia: Jan Phillips



All:  Holy, Holy, Holy (Karen Drucker)



We are Holy, Holy, Holy…3x
We are whole.

Spirit divine, Come to me 
Feeling love, Healing me .


Open my heart, Allow me to see,
Beauty & love, Lives in me.

You are Holy, Holy, Holy….
We are Holy, Holy, Holy…



Communion Meditation Song: “God is holding Me Now”
Michael Hatfield and Karen Drucker



What’s my hurry in this fury?
God is holding me now.
Untie the knot in,
What I am caught in.
God is holding me now.
Relax my hand and rest my eyes.
I’ll take a deep breath. Realize
I can do this
I’ll get through this
God is holding me now
In this moment, I’ll step aside
I will let go and let God provide.
I will find my center, let love enter
God is holding me now.


Closing SongBe Light for Our Eyes
by David Haas



Come and be light for our eyes;
Be the air we breathe, be the voice we speak.
Come, be the song we sing,
be the path we seek.

Your life was given; food for all people,
Body and blood, new life in our midst.
Death is no longer, life is our future,
Jesus, Messiah, name of all names.

We hold your presence, risen forever.
Your name now names us people of God.
Filled with your vision, people of mission,
Healing, forgiving; light for the world.

Lead us to justice, light in the darkness;
Singing, proclaiming Jesus is Lord.
Teach us to speak, and help us to listen,
for when your truth in our dreams embrace.


Liturgy by Dr. Bridget Mary Meehan ARCWP





No comments: