Translate

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Janice Sevre-Duszynska: Witnesses for Justice and Peace (Resistance for a Nuclear-Free Future)



Janice Sevre-Duszynska,RCWP above in stole and in the middle in of social justice advocates at Maryille College and the Nuclear Weapons Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. It is the front page story in Streetvibes, Cincinnati's activist newspaper advocating justice and building community. The title of the conference was Resistance for a Nuclear-Free Future. We also commemorated the 30th anniversary of the Plowshares Movement, The Nuclear Resister and Nukewatch.
http://streetvibes.wordpress.com/2010/08/02/a-joyous-hammer-strikes-again-at-y-12/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sheila O'Brien captured my feelings so exactly - my love for the Church, such a strong part of my Irish heritage and therefore such a strong part of my own identity. It is this deep connection that makes it difficult to walk away from the Church despite the great pain it has caused me. I liken it to being in a dysfunctional relationship with someone who says, "I love you very much. You're great." yet treats you terribly. When push comes to shove, actions speak louder than words.

For a number of years I worked with RCIA in my parish. Some of the things that I read in the RCIA pamphlets really stuck in my craw. We are told that the Church is not a building or even the hierarchy. That the Church is the people. And that we are all valuable parts of the Church. The pamphlets said one thing and the actions of the hierarchy said something completely different. I finally had to stop my RCIA work because my heart wasn't in it.