Translate

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Peg Bowen Shares Sad News of Bob's Passing, Memorial Service Will be Held on Saturday, May 5, 2:00-5:00pm, at Murphy's Funeral Home in Arlington, VA.

Bob and Peg in their Annandale home in N.Virginia in October 2017

Bob, Peg and I enjoyed breakfast at First Watch during the recent Florida visit in February

"My dearest friend and love of my life has passed over to God’s loving eternal embrace. Bob died on Sunday, April 8, 2018, at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. He will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery and his funeral mass and burial will be at a date to be determined in the fall.
Family and friends are invited to join us to support one another and celebrate his incredible, full life on Saturday, May 5, from 2:00 – 5:00 pm, at Murphy’s Funeral Home, 4510 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA. There will be a viewing and beginning at 4:00 pm, a Memorial Service.
Thank you all for your love and support at this sad time." Peg Bowen

My Response: 
Dear Peg and family as you grieve the loss of dear Bob, my heart breaks for you.

I am grateful for Bob's and your friendship for the past 38 years.

I will miss Bob's loving presence, friendly advice and helpful hands, always ready to assist with household task like changing a light fixture or figuring some mechanical puzzles that I had no idea about. 

I also appreciate Bob's support of our women priests' movement.

He teasingly often asked me the same question:  
 "Bridget, what are you going to do when the Vatican accepts women priests?"

Peg, Bob and I spent many hours talking about the struggles, challenges and joys of our mission to renew the Catholic Church. 

Bob loved played an active role in many of our ARCWP retreats and events.  He was part of our family. Many of our members met Bob during our annual retreats. He worked side by side with Peg- often behind the scenes- to make the magic a beautiful and blessed retreat happen.  

I will miss dear Bob, We will  all miss his loving presence and wise advice - gently inviting us new vistas and possibilities for our future and supporting us on our journeys. 

Bridget Mary Meehan ARCWP, www.arcwp.org

No comments: