Translate

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Womb Space: Advent Reflection by Rev. Dr. Barbara Billey, Priest ARCWP, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (25 Nov 18)



Moonlight fills the dark space of my den. On this cold, silent, dark morning of near winter I'm feeling you here, Sacred One. I'm resting in your wide womb. You say to me, "Come into a wilder intensity. You are not who you were. You want more than what has been. Come into love." 
In John's Gospel, Jesus says, "For this I was born, and for this I came into the world: To testify to the truth" (John 18: 37). 
As we approach the dark womb of Advent, I invite you to listen into the truth that Divine Mystery is birthing in and through you. You might use a piece of clay or other art materials to create a sculpture of a womb space. Consider placing this in your prayer space at home throughout the Advent season.

No comments: