Ask your Senator to ban assault weapons now to save lives.
- The United States is the only country on the entire planet with more guns (at least 400 million and counting) than people (335 million). No other country has even half as many guns per capita as we do.
- The number of guns manufactured in America has nearly tripled over the past two decades, from 3.9 million in 2000 to 11.3 million in 2020. (And it’s not as if guns wear out like light bulbs, refrigerators, or cars.)
- We endure more mass shootings than all other developed countries combined. It’s not even close.
- The frequency — and body count — of mass shootings has increased as well.
- 13 of the 20 deadliest mass shootings since 1982 happened in just the past decade.
- There were 118 school shootings in 2018, doubling the previous record of 59. Then 119 in 2019. Then 114 in 2020. Then 249 (not a typo) in 2021. And already 137 so far in 2022 (with more than half the year still to go).