As you may know, Kate Kelly, human rights lawyer and founder of the Mormon group Ordain Women faces excommunication for seeking equality and ordination for women in the Mormon faith. This Sunday, Kate faces a "disciplinary council" where she may present her "defense," to three male judges.
WOC stands in solidarity with Kate and all who work and pray courageously for equality in our religious institutions and in our world.
- More than 50 vigils will take place in 17 countries this Sunday in support of Kate. See the location map, and attend a vigil near you. (Consider holding a "Catholics in Solidarity With Our Mormon Sisters" sign and tweet it to @OrdainWomen & @OrdainLDSWomen)
- Send a letter of support that will be presented during Kate's "disciplinary council" along with her own "defense" in abstentia.
- Create an "Ordain Women" profile picture on Facebook or Twitter. These emblazoned photos (like the photo above) are a great way to show support and start a conversation on social media. Instructions here.
- Save the date for the second annual Equal in Faith interfaith prayer service and fast. (More info coming soon!)
- Kate Kelly's Op-Ed in the Guardian: I may be excommunicated from my church for asking for equal rights