Translate

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Deacon Annie Watson, ARCWP Attends Conference Given By Bishop John Shelby Spong

Deacon Annie Watson and Bishop  John Shelby Spong
Jimmy & I attended a two day conference at Community Christian Church in Springfield, Missouri. Dr. Roger Ray a progressive speaker and author is the Pastor of the church (Roger is a good friend of ours). Bishop John Shelby Spong presented  several lectures from his book "The Fourth Gospel" tales of a Jewish Mystic. He was captivating as always. He talked about how to read the gospel of John from a Jewish perspective. Spong has read every major commentary on the gospel of John and has gained many great insights. I look forward to sharing more after I go through my notes. The day ended with a small dinner party at a church members house. I had the pleasure of sitting next to him and talking about the ARCWP! He is very supportive and called me a "troublemaker". Jimmy reacquainted with old friends, we made several new ones. I witness about our movement with a couple from Indy!
I feel blessed to be given such a wonderful new nickname by Bishop Spong. 

No comments: