Translate

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Psalm 142: Psalms for Praying by Nan Merrill



Psalm 142 

I call to You from the depths of my being, 
with a loud voice, I cry out to You! 
I pour forth my fears before You, 
I confess the doubts that I feel within.
When I am weary and my heart faint,
You are my rock!

In the paths where I walk, 
is it not you who knocks at the gate of my heart?
And are you not the voice of mercy,
comforting me in times of trouble?
Yes, Your presence washes over me,
like the ocean lapping the shore.

I call to you, O my Beloved;
For you are my refuge, 
in my understanding.
Come to me in the Silence,
Drop pearls of wisdom into my heart.

Forgive me for every unkind word and thought;
Release me from the prison a fear
that I might rejoice and offer thanksgiving!
Transform my weaknesses into new life,
That I may be a gift of your love to all I meet. 
Amen.

No comments: