Translate

Saturday, March 31, 2018

My Homily for a Sacred Day, by Silvia Antonia Brandon Pérez ARCWP, English and Spanish

Silvia Antonia Brandon Pérez ARCWP


My church is nature, my engine love.  I affirm the divinity of the entire multiverse, of everything that is, of the magnificence of this incredible creation.  I am one with all that is, at once the heir to those wonderful worlds and a subatomic particle of an infinite mind.  I love all of my sisters and brothers in every kingdom and corner, those who are two-legged and those who are four-legged, those who fly and those who crawl, those who live in the water and those who are planted in the soil and give me shade and beauty and love, the plants that feed me and the flowers that feed my spirit, the ancestors and those who are yet to be born, and on this day I honor a subversive Palestinian Jew who was named Yeshua or perhaps Isa, who fought against the empire of his time, who broke the unjust laws of his time, who was crucified because that was the penalty imposed by a cruel empire for the crime of subversion of empire.  This day is sacred for me but the truth is that every day is sacred, because every moment is a gift shared by life.  Thank you, thank you, thank you to the spirit that in-forms me.  Namaste to all.  We truly are all family.

Spanish:
Mi iglesia es la naturaleza, mi motor es el amor. Afirmo la divinidad de todo el multiverso, de todo lo que existe, de la magnificencia de esta increíble creación. Soy una con todo, a la vez la heredera de estos mundos maravillosos y una partícula subatómica de una mente infinita. Amo a todas mis hermanas y hermanos en todos los reinos y rincones, a los de dos y los de cuatro patas, a los que vuelan y a los que se arrastran, a los que viven en el agua y a los que viven plantados en la tierra y me dan sombra y belleza y amor, a las plantas que me alimentan y a las flores que alimentan mi espíritu, a los ancestros y a los por nacer, y en este día honro a un judío palestino subversivo que se llamó Jeshuá o incluso Isa, que luchó contra el imperio de su tiempo, que rompió con las leyes injustas de su tiempo, que fue crucificado porque esa era la pena impuesta por un imperio cruel por el crimen de la subversión de imperio. Este día es sagrado para mí pero en realidad todos los días son sagrados, porque cada momento es un regalo que comparte la vida. Gracias, gracias, gracias al espíritu que me informa. Namasté a todos. Verdaderamente somos todos familia.

No comments: