Translate

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Memorial Service for Oakwood Manor Residents Who Have Passed Away in 2019 is Available Online

Oakwood Manor, Sarasota, Florida

Remembrance Service for Oakwood Manor Community Members Who Died in  2019 and 2020
*** Although the Coronavirus prevents us from gathering on Wed. March 25, 2020 for our annual Memorial Service at Oakwood Manor, we will gather when our snowbirds return and it is safe for public gatherings at Oakwood Manor to remember our dearly beloved friends who have died this past year. I am sharing this Remembrance Service for those who wish to pray for them now. May it bring comfort to those who mourn their loss. Bridget Mary Meehan 

Opening Hymn: Holy Angels by Sara Thomsen


Gathering Prayer:

Loving God, we gather now to remember the members of our Oakwood Manor Community who have died. We give thanks for their lives and the many blessings that they brought to us. We ask You to comfort their families, friends, and neighbors who miss them and grieve their loss. In this Remembrance Service, we light a candle to honor our dearly beloved, departed sisters and brothers, and invite this community gathered here to share memories of their presence among us.
Old Testament: Psalm 23:  The  Lord   is   my   Shepherd   You Tube Video


Psalm 23: God is my shepherd, I shall not want.


Response: God is my shepherd, I shall not want.


God, you are my shepherd. I want nothing more. You let me lie down

in green meadows. You lead me beside restful waters. You refresh my


soul.

Response: God is my shepherd, I shall not want.


You guide me to lush pastures for the sake of your Name. Even if l'm

surrounded by shadows of death, I fear no danger, for you are with

me.


Response: God is my shepherd, I shall not want.


Your rod and your staff: They give me courage. You spread a table for

me in the presence of my enemies, and you anoint my head with oil,

my cup overflows.


Response: God is my shepherd, I shall not want.



Only goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I

will dwell in your house, God, for days without end.

Response: God is my shepherd, I shall not want.


New Testament: Gospel: John 14:1-3

Don't let your hearts be troubled.

You have faith in God;

In God's house there are many dwelling places;


Otherwise, how could I have told you that I was going to

prepare a place for you? I am indeed going to prepare a

place for you. 

And then I will come back to take you, that where I am, there you

may be as well.


Tribute to Oakwood Manor Members who have died:

Loving God, we remember our beloved family, friends, and 

neighbors of Oakwood Manor who have gone before us. We pray 

that they may rest in eternal light and everlasting peace. We will 

carry them in our hearts forever. Amen.

A resident volunteer lights a candle and shares a thought, prayer, poem, or brief story in remembrance of an Oakwood Manor resident. 


(All are invited to write in the Remembrance Book tributes to deceased residents..)


At the conclusion of each tribute, we pray together:

All: Loving God, we remember the blessings that (person's name) brought to us.


Closing Hymn: When Saints Go Marching in

No comments: