Translate

Saturday, April 23, 2022

Wedding Ceremony for Pat MacMillan and Bob Lewis, April 22, 2022 Rev. Bridget Mary Meehan Officiating,St. Andrew United Church of Christ , Music: Linda Lee Miller




Welcome:

A warm welcome to Pat and Bob and to everyone who has come to celebrate their commitment to each other in holy matrimony.


Pat and Bob, we are here today to support you with our loving prayers as you pledge your love for one another. Scripture tells us when we live in love, we live in God and God lives in us. In human love, the Source of all love, is made visible each day. 


 Pat and Bob, you bring to this wedding ceremony your shared dreams that love can always be new and fresh, like a summer breeze; that love can grow and grow, like the seed that is transformed into the tallest of trees; that love is forever striving for new heights and depths of intimacy, like the human hearts who seek love's fullness again and again. We bless you as you pledge your love to one another now. 


Pledge of Love and Commitment


Pat and Bob, the God of Lovers embraces and blesses you as you hold one another this day in mutual love. Since it is your desire to enter into this sacred relationship, join your hands and proclaim your love before God and this community.


Bob, do you take Pat to be your loving, equal partner for as long as you may live?  

Bob: I do.

Pat, do you take Bob to be your loving, equal partner for as long as you may live? 

Pat:   I do.


Exchange of Vows:


Bob, repeat after me.  I, Bob, take you, Pat, to be my lover, friend, and companion as long as I may live. I promise to be faithful to you in happy and sad times, in sickness and in health. I will cherish and love you as my beloved forever.


Pat, repeat after me. I, Pat, take you, Bob, to be my lover, friend, and companion as long as I may live. I promise to be faithful to you in happy and sad times, in sickness and in health. I will cherish and love you as my beloved forever.



Exchange of Rings:


Pat and Bob, you will now symbolize your eternal love through the giving and receiving of rings. The circle of a ring symbolizes a love that lasts forever. May-these rings remind you of your passionate love for one another, a love that will endure the tribulations of life, a love that will grow stronger with each passing day. May the bliss of romantic love that you now experience be a mere shadow of the happiness that lies ahead in your married life.


May these rings be a symbol of your generous, tender love for one another in the abiding presence of God everyday of your lives.


Presider gives groom the bride's ring:

Bob, place this ring on Pat’s finger and repeat after me: 

Pat, I give this ring to you as a sign of my faithful love. I will love you all the days of my life.


Presider gives bride the groom's ring.

Pat, place this ring on Bob’s finger and repeat after me: Bob, I give this ring to you as a sign of my faithful love. I will love you all the days of my life.


Pat and Bob, you have promised to give yourselves in self­ giving love to one another in the exchange of these rings. Now I declare you blessed forever and joined together as husband and wife. You may now kiss one another.


Irish Blessing: 


I ask everyone now to extend your hands in blessing of Pat and Bob.


May love and laughter light your days and warm your hearts. 

May good and faithful friends be yours.

May peace and plenty bless your world with joy.

 May the road rise to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall soft upon your fields, and until we meet again may you be held in the palm of God’s hand.



Wedding Music: Linda Lee Miller




No comments: