Translate

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Annual Interfaith Oakwood Manor Memorial Service - March 8, 2023





 



Remembrance Service 
in Honor of  Residents of
Oakwood Manor Community


Welcome: Bridget Mary Meehan


Opening Hymn: Holy Angels - Karen Drucker


Gathering Prayer: Mary Theresa Streck


Loving God, we gather now to remember the members of our Oakwood Manor Community who have died. We give thanks for their lives and the many blessings that they brought to us. We ask You to comfort their families, friends, and neighbors who miss them and grieve their Joss. Inthis Remembrance Service, we light a candle to honor our dearly beloved, departed sisters and brothers, and invite this community gathered here to share memories of their presence among us.


Old Testament: Bridget Mary


Psalm 23:  God is my shepherd, I shall  not  want. 

All: God  is   my shepherd,  I  shall  not  want.

God, you are my shepherd. I want nothing more. You Jet me lie down in green meadows. You

lead me beside restful waters. Your refresh my soul. 


All: God is my shepherd, I shall not want.

You guide me to lush pastures for the sake of your Name. Even if I'm surrounded by shadows of

death, I fear no danger, for you are with me.


All: God is my shepherd, I shall not want.

Your rod and your staff: They give me courage. You spread a table for me in the presence of my enemies, and you anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows.


All: God is my shepherd, I shall not want.

Only goodness and Jove will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in your house, God, for days without end.


All: God is my shepherd, I shall not want.


New Testament: Gospel: John 14:1-3- Mary Theresa Streck


Don't let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God;

In God's house there are many dwelling places;

Otherwise, how could I have told you that I was going to prepare a place for you? I am indeed going to prepare a place for you

And then I will come back to take you, that where I am, there you may be as well.



Tribute to Oakwood Manor Members who have died:

Loving God, we remember our beloved family, friends, and neighbors of Oakwood Manor who have gone before us. We pray that they may rest in eternal light and everlasting peace. We will carry them in our hearts forever. Amen.


A resident volunteer lights a candle and shares a thought, prayer, poem, or brief story in remembrance of an Oakwood Manor resident. (All are invited to write in the Remembrance Book tributes to deceased residents.)


Reading of all names of residents who died in past year: Joan Chesterfield


At the conclusion of each tribute, we pray together:

All: Loving God, we remember the blessings that (person's name) brought to us.



Closing Hymn- When the Saints Go Marching In


Ministry Team:

Rev. Bridget Mary Meehan

Rev. Mary Theresa Streck

Ms Joan Chesterfield



No comments: