Translate

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Inclusive Catholic Ministries Newsletter/Palm Coast Florida with Women Priests Miriam Picconi and Wanda Russell

What is "Inclusive Catholic Ministries?"

We want to maintain the best of our Roman Catholic heritage and traditions.  We want to invite EVERYONE to participate in God's love and our ministries and we use inclusive language.   We want to offer what you the people of God want and need. We are starting with several ministry outreaches.  Come and see if this is the faith community you are seeking.

 

OCTOBER CALENDAR

Wednesdays, Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 from 3:30 to 5:00 P.M.  INTER-FAITH THEOLOGY CLUB  Place:  2 Westmill Ln., Palm Coast

Friday, Oct. 10, 2:00 P.M.  CUP CAKE MINISTRY

 

Saturday, Oct. 19, 4:00 P.M.  MONTHLY MASS in Palm Coast    Hospitality follows.  Place:  2 Westmill Ln., Palm Coast, Fl 32164

 

NOVEMBER CALENDAR

 

Wednesdays, Nov. 6, 13, & 27 from 3:30 to 5:00 PM  INTER-FAITH THEOLOGY CLUB  Place:  2 Westmill Ln., Palm Coast

 

Saturday, Nov. 9 from 3:00 to 5:00 PM  Showing of “PINK SMOKE OVER THE VATICAN  Place:  2 Westmill Ln. Palm Coast

This is a one hour documentary DVD sharing how women were in truth priests in the early Church and how women are seeking to make this happen again today. 

 

 

Saturday, Nov. 16, 4:00 P.M.  MONTHLY MASS in Palm Coast    Hospitality follows.  Place:  2 Westmill Ln., Palm Coast, Fl 32164

Dear Family and Friends,

What an awesome month September was for me and Miriam.  Miriam presided at her first wedding as a priest and went to the ordination of another ARCWP priest and two deacons in New York.  She will write about that later in this news letter.

 

I went to the Sisters of Loretto Mother House in Nerinx, Kentucky where fourteen of us had a reunion of the class of 1963.  Fifty years ago we were all novices with the Sisters of Loretto.  It was a fun and spiritual time for all of us.  Two of our class mates celebrated their golden jubilee at Loretto.  We had fun surprising them with cake, ice cream, cards and gifts.  They had fun having us join them at Loretto where we talked with sisters we have known over the years, walked to the “world” (to the main highway off the Loretto grounds which we named “the world.” vs. the spiritual grounds where we were being educated and trained to be sisters.), hiked to the lake and to the retreat cabins on the grounds, shared joy-filled and painful stories about our lives at Loretto and since we have left.  It was a joy-filled and healing time for all of us as we re-connected and quickly resumed just as we left off many years ago.  What a blessing my Loretto experience has been in my life.  I would not be the person I am today were it not for the time and experiences I had at Loretto.

 

From Loretto I drove about 30 minutes to the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in Bardstown, KY.  I stayed with a dear friend, Jo Ann, who lives on the campus and who is the Director of the SCN Associates.  I became an associate when I lived in Kentucky and first met Jo Ann.  I arrived on Labor Day and the associates from TN made bar-b-q for us.  YUM!!  It was a delight to re-connect with friends at Nazareth and make new friends there.  One friend has been very ill and it was an honor to pray for her healing.  Later I learned she was in remission from cancer.  Yea, God!  A new friend’s ministry is to take those who have cancer to their treatments.  She is perfect for this since she has a great sense of humor.  Two friends came over from Frankfort the next day and it was wonderful to recall fun times together and to make a new memory.

 

From there I went to Charlotte, NC where we had lived for 6 years and met some wonderful people there.  It was great to re-connect with friends who had been a big part of my learning more about myself and accepting me as an adult.  We had dinner together with several and reminisced about old times and shared about what has been happening since we were last together.  Ruth, Susan, Nancy and CJ had come down to Florida for our ordinations.  What a delight to see them again!

 

I am finally home and almost recovered from so much driving.  Thank you one and all for being so special in my life.  Had I not met even one of you I would not be the person I am today.  You know what, I like being who I am.  Blessings and prayers for each of you!           Love and peace,

Wanda
















 
 

No comments: