Resource: The Healing Power of Prayer: New Expanded Edition by Bridget Mary Meehan (available on Amazon)
OVERVIEW OF BENEFITS TO WELL-BEING
Dr. Fredrickson: Six weeks of healing prayer improved heart function:
1. Helps to let go of traumatic events and live more fully, joyfully and peacefully.
2. Transforms “dark stuff”; helps us grow more compassionate
3. The Healing Power of Prayer presents different approaches: healing of memories, scripture, centering, forgiveness, affirmations, meditations using imagination and guided imagery as well as body prayer
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM • Relaxation Prayer • Bridget Mary
Relaxation Prayer Meditation
Today we will combine several spiritual practices including brain wave vibration and guided meditation to relax and experience our deep oneness with God. We will rest in the Divine Presence dwelling within us. Here we access a profound source of divine energy to refresh and renew you in body, mind, and spirit.
Share your thoughts and experiences about prayer/meditation as a resource in dealing with stress and promoting health and well-being.
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM • Scripture Prayer • Paul
Scripture Prayer Meditation
Today we will pray with a Scripture passage to allow it to speak to us in a powerful way by participating in the story. We will bathe ourselves in the Word and experience the healing power of divine love touching our lives.
1. What did Jesus reveal to me about divine love in this story?
2. How can Scripture Prayer help us experience the Holy One’s love in a new or exciting way?
3. What is it like to enter a Scripture scene with our senses?
4. What are the advantages of taking on different identities in this kind of prayer?
5. How can this type of prayer make the Scriptures more vivid and meaningful?