Translate

Friday, March 27, 2009

Roman Catholic Womenpriests: Cloud of Witnesses Retreat

Another lovely poetic prayer inspired by Hildegard of Bingen by Mary Malone in Praying with the Women Mystics
p. 93

I Want Radiance

What Mary says to me is clarity;
I am muddled, confused, mumbling.
Mary, free me from my destructive ways;
I want your radiance.

What Mary says to me is “Be radical”:
Root yourself in the rich soil of humanity;
Your body, like that of a lily, is the container of joy.
Be deeply green and dazzlingly white.
Be radiant.

What Mary says to me is flight,
The soaring flight of birds in song.
Look up, listen, drink it in.
Go is overflying the world
From beyond the furthest stars.
In Mary’s arms God comes,
Greeting us eternally
With a kiss of heavenly peace.
Be flight.

No comments: