Translate

Monday, August 31, 2009

Roman Catholic Womenpriests : Cincinnati Nun May Be Forced Out For Ordination Views

http://ncronline.org/news/cincinnati-nun-may-be-forced-out-ordination-views
Cincinnati nun may be forced out for ordination views
“We are losing the voice of justice,” said one member of her religious community.
Aug. 31, 2009
By Judy Ball
Sister of Charity Louise Akers has been informed by Archbishop Daniel E. Pilarczyk that she must "publicly disassociate herself from the issue of women’s ordination if she wishes to continue making any presentations or teaching for credit in any archdiocesan-related institutions."
“For four decades I have devoted my ministry to advocating on behalf of the marginalized through religious congregations, justice organizations, ecumenical and interfaith groups” Akers told NCR. “Women’s ordination is a justice issue. Its basis is the value, dignity and equality of women. I believe this to my very core. To publicly state otherwise would be a lie and a violation of my conscience. I love, support and cherish the part of Church that upholds the gospel mission and vision of Jesus.”

No comments: