Saturday, February 7, 2015
5 Things Pope Francis Can Do Now to Get an "Incisive Female Presence" Pope Urges More Widespread and Incisive Female Presence",
1. Hire women in leadership positions in the Vatican, dioceses and parishes. Set up fair labor practices and protection from firing for disagreeing with hierarchy. Make the goal 50% and give women decision-making power and job protection.
2. Hire top notch theologians, especially feminist theologians, who are critical of centuries of sexism in the church and invite all Catholic Universities to do so immediately.
3. Drop the excommunications against Roman Catholic Women Priests and our supporters and begin a dialogue on a renewed priestly ministry as a blessing to the church.
4. Return decision making power to local churches throughout the world, mandate 50% of parish councils, diocesan councils be women in all pastoral positions.
5. Recognize that women are fully capable as moral agents to make decisions about their bodies and relationships in light of their consciences. Drop the ban on artificial birth control.
.Bridget Mary Meehan, ARCWP, www.arcwp.org