Translate

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Mary Magdalene: The Untold Story, At the Cross: A Reflection by Bridget Mary Meehan ARCWP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOzyzRrgDAQ&feature=youtu.be



 
I am Mary Magdalene.  I come from Magdala on the sea of Galilee. After I listened to Jesus teaching and experienced his healing love, I became a leader in the circle of women disciples along with Joanna, Suzanna and many others. We supported, really bankrolled, his ministry from our resources. (Luke 8:1-3). He showed us that discipleship is about being a reflection of divinity in our world and that men and women are both called by God to live as equals.

Standing near the cross, with the other women disciples,  I wept as I witnessed  the horror of Jesus’  suffering in a torturous, slow execution. I could not believe it. Rabbi, Jesus, our mentor, who showed the face of God’s, compassion for the least and the lowest, confronted religious leaders who abused their power, and  taught us to forgive our enemies was dying. All I could do, all the other women could do in his hour of need was to be there for him and offer the comfort of our loving presence as the tears flowed and our hearts broke.
Yet, I still wonder, what more could I have done?


Bridget Mary Meehan

No comments: