Translate

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Pope Francis May Fly into Knock to Begin Visit to Ireland, Happy Memories of my Mother, Bridie Meehan, blessing us with Holy Water from Knock, "Gentle Mother" sung by Nathan Carter

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/pope-francis-knock-mayo-ireland-12417747


Bridie Meehan, my dear Mother died in 1998.


My Response: I love to spend time with pilgrims at Knock Shrine in County Mayo, Ireland. It is a "thin place" where I feel  the spiritual presence of Mary and  the precious saints I dearly loved, like my Mom, Bridie, who took us to Knock on all visits to Ireland.  In 1956, we emigrated to the United States but we were fortunate to be able to return twice as a family when I was a teenager. In 1964 and 1966, we visited our relatives and toured around Ireland .We never left our homeland without holy water from Knock and  turf from the bog. At one time, I had several gallons of water from Knock in our family home. I still have a bottle of Knock water in my Florida home. 
One of my happy memories is of my mother blessing us on our major trips with holy water. When we got a new car, it was blessed too.  Mom kept the holy water fonts at our doors filled with holy water too! 
In 2014, I visited Knock with 12 friends on Celtic pilgrimage. We prayed together in a circle near the apparition site. Even though many do not attend church regularly anymore in Ireland  people of all ages including the young  still go to Croak Patrick and pilgrimage sites like Knock, and St Brigid wells in Liscannor, Kildare and Faughart. 
Bridget Mary Meehan #womenpriestsnow, www.arcwp.org


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o72r1-rtOtc




No comments: