CALL U.S. BISHOPS TO ACCOUNTABILITY
TAKE ACTION! POST THE 5 THESES!
501 years ago on October 31, as an obscure Catholic priest, Martin Luther, posted his 95 Theses for the reform of his beloved Catholic Church on the door of a church in Germany.In that same spirit, you’re invited topost 5 Theses for reform of the Church in anticipation of the annual meeting of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops in Baltimore from Nov. 12-15.Ways to share the 5theses are below, and can be found at www.5theses.com – and you can come up with creative ideas of your own!Before November 11
- Send the 5theses to your bishop. http://www.usccb.org/
- Share the 5 theses with your networks via social media and any other way.
- Make plans with family, friends, fellow Catholics for how and where you will post the 5theses on November 11.
- Volunteer to translate the 5 theses into other languages.
- Pray and reflect.On Sunday, November 11, the eve of the bishops’ 2018 annual fall assembly in Baltimore (November 12-15)
- Travel to Baltimore to join others to post the 5theses at the Baltimore basilica.
- Post the 5theses at your cathedral, or on your own parish church door (please use non-damaging adhesives, like painters’ tape, rather than a hammer and nail)!
- Share pictures of your posting via your social media platforms using #5theses, and tag any instagram posts with @5theses.
- Place a copy of the 5theses in the church collection basket with 2 pennies taped to it.After November 11, persist!Make sure to share your participation by filling in the “Join In” form on www.5theses.com.Deborah Rose-Milavec and Russ PetrusFutureChurch