Translate

Sunday, April 3, 2022

“ She gives me life.-Job-33:4, God in Feminine Form

https://www.holytroublemakers.com/blog/god-in-feminine-form?fbclid=IwAR1nIFleppBOFHB3yjxilP5PREGGCjTqAotrSof6vjWMP6zhrA7xDZS4t84

God in Feminine Form

By Daneen Akers

“The Spirit of God, She has made me, and the breath of the nursing God, She gives me life.” - Job 33:4

The first time I read this translation of Job 33:4 by Rev. Dr. Wil Gafney with the feminine grammar restored to the text, I wept. It’s been hard believing that my female body is part of the Imago Dei, the image of God, when the language and metaphors used in the vast majority of spaces have been exclusively masculine for millennia. It gives me holy shivers to imagine a text that names the feminine in the Divine being read and heard in all of the spaces where scripture lives. All of us, children and adults of all genders, need to hear God-language like this.


No comments: