Translate

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Fr. Anne’s Journey through Pacific Northwest to Promote Gender Equality in the RC Church

 


The trip through the Pacific Northwest was special. I once lived in Portland and Tacoma so it was a homecoming of sorts. It cannot be overstated how critical these two communities were in my formation. To return these years later as Father Anne was profound. I saw more clearly how I have grown in my faith life and as a priest, and how each community gave me this gift. I am still reflecting on the experience. 


And you...how have people and places formed you along your faith journey? Who stands out when you reflect?


Things around the world are terribly dark. The news of out of Israel and Palestine continues to be truly horrifying day after day. Innocent people always pay the highest price in war. As Pope Francis said, 'War always is a defeat ... Stop! Stop!' Maybe you, too, are thinking about this conflict non-stop. You might find this article from NCR on the call to nonviolence worth a read. 


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. 


In prayer, 

Father Anne +

vaticanreject@gmail.com


No comments: