Translate

Sunday, December 24, 2023

Wedding Ceremony of Miriam Picconi ARCWP and Wanda Russell ARCWP: Christmas Eve December 24, 2023 6:00 pm

Zoom Link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82181276234?pwd=c1VVN2FSMlorMVdxMlorMy9YTkMvUT09 

 Presider: Reverend Dotty Shugrue ARCWP

 Greeting Song: I Am the Beloved of God by David Hass 


 Dotty: Miriam and Wanda, today you are here with family and friends who are witnessing your exchange of vows and to share in the joy of this occasion. Let this be a statement of what you mean to each other, and the commitment of marriage you will make. Today you declare your love through the Sacrament of Marriage, creating a sacred union together. 

 Reader: Wanda’s Daughter Monica The Promise by Heather Berry 
 Within this blessed union of souls, where two hearts intertwine to become one, there lies a promise. Perfectly born, divinely created, and intimately shared, it is a place where the hope and majesty of beginnings reside; where all things are made possible by the astounding love shared by two spirits. As you hold each other’s hands in this promise, and eagerly look into the future in each other’s eyes, may your unconditional love and devotion take you to places where you’ve both only dreamed. Where you will dwell for a lifetime of happiness sheltered in the warmth of each others arms.

 Dotty: Our Scripture Passage today 1 Corinthians 13 is shared by Bishop Bridget Mary Meehan ARCWP 

 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 
2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 
3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing. 
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 
5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 
7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 
 Let it be So 

Declaration of Intent:
 
Dotty: Miriam and Wanda do you come here freely and without reservation to enter into marriage?

 Miriam and Wanda: I do. 

 Dotty: Do you commit yourselves today to an unending and unbreakable bonding of your love? 

 Miriam and Wanda: I do. 

 Dotty: Miriam, will you love Wanda with all your heart and with all your soul? 

 Miriam: Yes, I will. 
 
Dotty: Do you promise to honor her growth and freedom as well as your own, to cherish and respect her, to love and embrace her in times of challenge as well as times of joy? 

 Miriam: Yes, I do. 

 Dotty: Wanda, will you love Miriam with all your heart and with all your soul?

 Wanda: Yes, I will. 

 Dotty: Do you promise to honor her growth and freedom as well as your own, to cherish and respect her, to love and embrace her in times of challenge as well as times of joy? 

 Wanda: Yes, I do. 

 Exchange of Vows: 

 Dotty: Miriam and Wanda, please proclaim your love for one another by speaking your wedding vows. 

 Wanda and Miriam profess their vows to each other 

 Blessing and Exchange of Rings: 

 Dotty: Miriam and Wanda, the wedding ring is an outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual bond which unites you in endless love. It is a seal of the vows that you have made to one another today. May the rings continue to be a symbol of your unity, love and happiness for the rest of your lives.

 Wanda: Miriam, I give you this ring as a pledge of my unending love. 

 Miriam: Wanda, I give you this ring as a pledge of my unending love. 

 Final Blessing:

Dotty: Miriam and Wanda, the Spirit of Life and Love is evident in you. 

May that Spirit continue to be expressed in the generosity of your love for one another and in your love for all whose lives you touch. 

 And may a Spirit of gratitude, wonder and peace be the gifts you offer to all those who turn to you seeking a deeper understanding of the Divine. 

 May their lives be blest as you share love and support with them as you journey together through life.

 Pronouncement:  

Dotty: Miriam and Wanda, you have promised your love and commitment to each other. By the power vested in me through my priesthood in the Association of Roman Catholic Women Priests and the State of Florida, and in the presence of your family and friends, I joyfully pronounce you married. Embrace and kiss each other! 

 Song of Celebration: Hallelujah Chorus by Handel 






s

No comments: