Translate

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Vatican Alarmed by Implications of Church Abuse Scandal in Germany for Papacy

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_GERMANY_CHURCH_ABUSE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2010-03-10-15-45-16

March 10, 2010
Church abuse scandal reaches pope's brother
EXCERPTS:
Vatican officials have been unable to hide their alarm about the possible implications for the papacy. "While there has been no suggestion of wrongdoing by Benedict, the launch of an inquiry by German Catholic officials after his brother admitted he slapped children years ago is stirring Vatican fears of a major crisis for the papacy."
The pope has been working on a letter to be read to Catholics in Ireland, where a government report detailed decades of physical and sexual abuse in church-run schools. The letter is expected to be released shortly.

1 comment:

The Catholic Apologist said...

Bridget Mary, let me just say-I did not DARE come home and tell my parents the teacher hit me. Why? My parents first action would not be to call some laywer, but rather to give it to me doubly hard, then send me to my room without supper. They would then call the teacher and APOLOGIZE, then assure the teacher that their son will behave and do what he is supposed to do.

Of course no teacher, priest or otherwise ever hit me, but a nun pulled my hair once. You know what? I DESERVED IT, and I didn't DARE tell my parents. You know what else Bridget Mary? My emotional psyc is just fine. I feel no burning reason to bring some lawsuit against the Church, and get oddles and piles of money for something I brought on myself becasue I would not behave and do my work.

Having my hair pulled caused my no psycological "problems" etc. In fact it better taught me there are consequences for my actions.

I think personally we live in a society of wimps and parents are just as bad as their children. Children are not being taught right from wrong, they are being taught to do whatever you can to shirk responsibility, and blame someone, anyone else for their problems. Children are far too over medicated, and over diagnosed with newly minted and discovered "illnesses."

Guess what else Bridget Mary- I was diagnosed in school with ADHD. Know the truth? I was no more ADHD then you are- I was just LAZY and IMMATURE.