Translate

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"Holy Shake-Up Roman Catholic Women Priests" on San Antonio TV: Adele Jones Makes History as First Woman Priest from Texas

Adele Jones from Texas (right)
and Dorothy Shugrue
from Connecticut (left)
share Eucharist with people at Communion
at historic Association of Roman Catholic
Women Priests Ordination in Virginia
on Sept. 10, 2011

SAN ANTONIO--"Women are defying the Vatican and being ordained as Catholic priests.
85-year-old Adele Jones who lives in San Antonio belongs to the Association of Roman Catholic Women Priests. "I'm the first woman in Texas to be ordained a Roman Catholic Women priest, and the oldest in the world, " said Jones....
Jones said she went on the receive a Master's degree in Theology and then a Doctorate in Ministry and Pastoral Counseling.
"I got my Doctorate when I was 70 years old so I guess I'm a late bloomer, " added Jones...
Jones said currently there are 124 women Priests who belong to the Association of Catholic Women Priests. "We are growing, " added Jones. Jones went on to say she will focus her ministry toward the Gay and Lesbian community."

No comments: