Translate

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Liturgy in Cincinnati by Donna Rougeux, ARCWP


Janice Sevre-Duszynska, ARCWP
presides at liturgy in Cincinnati
on Sept. 14, 2011

Liturgy in Cincinnati
By Donna Rougeux

About 60 people gathered on Wednesday September 14 in Cincinnati Ohio to attend the monthly liturgy. The community continues to grow and is empowered to live as the people of God who are called to be Christ to the world and to each other. It is heartwarming to worship God with this group of progressive, forward thinking people. Janice Sevre-Duszynska presided and the rector of All Saints Episcopal Church, Eileen O’Reilly gave the homily. Eileen’s message was inspirational and encouraged us to be the light of Christ to others in our everyday lives. Cheri Lawson recorded the liturgy and plans to use the recording in the story she is putting together for NPR'sThe World. This was the first time I attended a liturgy since I have been ordained a deacon and Janice announced this to the group. They warmly received me and asked me to share my story about my path toward ordination. I enjoyed letting them know that my first experience with ARCWP happened when I attended one of their liturgies a little over a year ago. It is exciting to see the Spirit continue to breath new life into our church each time a Woman Priest is ordained and a community begins to form in response to this important movement that is reforming the Roman Catholic Church.

No comments: