Translate

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

COLOMBIA-ARCWP: OPEN LETTER TO MY BROTHER FRANCISCO, THE POPE. Olga Lucia Alvarez Benjumea *



My dear brother Francisco:
I just read an article by Reuters, (1) which refers to an interview you gave them, referring to the priesthood of the woman: "The door is closed for the women's priesthood."
Holy Father, that phrase you said referring to the words expressed by Pope John Paul II in relation to the ordination of women in the Church, but later you have affirmed that "we must not reduce the presence of women in the Church to mere functionality. " I agree with you about not reducing the presence of women in the Church to mere functionality. Indeed, this is one thing that man can not do. "Man can not be the wife of Christ. It is the woman, the Church, the wife of Christ. " Very interesting your comment.
On many occasions we have heard, something similar and offensive on the part of the Hierarchy that you direct: "The priest, being a man , is the representative of God on Earth."
Without wishing to discuss, but to reflect, I ask: Does the Hierarchy of the Church still believe or believe in the 21st century that women are not and can not be representatives of the image of God and yet we can affirm, as you have done, that "it is the woman, the Church, the wife of Christ"? According to this, the biblical text that says:
"And God  created  the human being in his image; He  created it  in the image of God. Man and woman he  created them "Genesis 1:27
How can one evangelize the human being, especially the girls, ignoring their dignity as daughters of God the Mother-Father? How to tell children, that they should respect and love girls, if they are de facto deprived of their rights, of their own image identity of God, because they are not allowed to have, use and exercise as an image of God in parity with man? When we address them, we are not giving a kind of urbanity, we are evangelizing! Therefore, women and men must fulfill the divine mandate: "Love one another, as I have loved you" John 13:34
I can not believe that you have defended the role of women saying that you can not reduce to mere functionality, continue to echo the phrase of Pope John Paul II. I can not believe that in that interview you are the interviewee. It must be a "false positive", they are manipulating you, talking or writing in your name. Nor can I believe that her delicate phrases towards us, make them appear as if she were proud to offer employment to women inside the offices of the Curia, when she says: "to put a woman as deputy director of the Press Office (of the Vatican I have had to fight ". Holy Father, it is not the kind of jobs we are asking of the Church. The Gospel has no "jurisdiction":
Go into all the world  and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15
I have always admired him and I will continue to admire him, because you are a man of the Gospel, and a very human man. Everything that the ecclesiastical Hierarchy has said about us women is a doctrine of men, not a doctrine of the Gospel, because the message of Jesus, his attitudes and gestures, were very different. He broke Jewish norms, laws and customs, which they did not and they left women in the background, and marginalized them and kept them away from the synagogues.
Holy Father, I offer my prayers, I need your prayers. I am a presbyter woman that I love, I bless, I protect my Church in spite of her weaknesses, and before God and my people I renew my ministry, the same one that women receive on the Sabbath of Resurrection,
Mat 28, 8-10
"They departed quickly from the sepulcher, with fear and great joy, and ran to break the news to their disciples. 9. In this, Jesus met them and said to them: "God keep you!" And they, coming near, took hold of his feet and worshiped him. 10. Then Jesus says to them: "Do not be afraid. Go, tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me. "

Fraternally,
+ Olga Lucia Álvarez Benjumea
Association of Roman Catholic Presbyters.

Bibliography:

No comments: