Translate

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

"Working for Church Renewal", Ann Harrington ARCWP, Reflector, Greenville, North Carolina

http://www.reflector.com/Letters/2018/09/04/Working-for-Chruch-Renewal.html


Ann Harrington ARCWP presides at Liturgy at Free Spirit Inclusive Catholic Community, Greenville, North Carolina

Tuesday, September 4, 2018
And once again we are confronted with the evil acts of some Roman Catholic priests and bishops. Columnist Kathryn Lopez rightly ponders the long road ahead to restore trust and credibility in the institutional Catholic church. We can only wonder how many more incidents of child abuse are buried in diocesan records.
When I was discerning my call to priesthood with the Association of Roman Catholic Women Priests, many people asked me why I would continue to be part of the Roman Catholic Church. I wondered myself and after much discernment, I accepted that God was calling me to work for church renewal.
In the face of such monstrous crimes, my efforts and the efforts of those who embrace Free Spirit Inclusive Catholic Community may seem insignificant. But our God is a God who brings life from death and uses the lowly to confound the mighty.
If you are looking for a church that embraces egalitarianism, a circular model of leadership, contemporary theology and vibrant sacramental celebrations, please visit Free Spirit Inclusive Catholic Community. We meet every fourth Sunday at 5 p.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Church, 131 Oakmont Drive, Greenville, 27858. All are welcome.
Ann Harrington
Greenville

No comments: